WATSONVILLE—An additional evacuation center for Santa Cruz County residents fleeing the CZU August Lightning Complex Fires opened Friday night at Lakeview Middle School in Watsonville.
The center is a partnership between the County of Santa Cruz, the City of Watsonville and the Pajaro Valley Unified School District. City of Watsonville staff will manage the shelter.
It has the capacity to host
The shelter is open for outdoor camping and also has limited indoor capacity.
The County also announced Friday that Simpkins Family Swim Center in Santa Cruz opened. That center has the capacity to host 25 evacuees.
For information on all evacuation centers click HERE.
Evacuation centers with capacity
- Lakeview Middle School; 2350 East Lake Ave., Watsonville (Camping and limited indoor space)
- Seventh Day Adventist Campground; 1931 Soquel-San Jose Rd. Soquel (RV only)
- Santa Cruz Bible Church; 440 Frederick St., Santa Cruz
- Congregational Church of Soquel; 4951 Soquel Drive, Soquel
- The gymnasium at Cabrillo College; 6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos
- Simpkins Swim Center; 979 17th Ave., Santa Cruz (ADA compliant)
- Coastlands Aptos Foursquare Church; 280 State Park (Open to cars, RVs and tents)